What is TRE®?
TRE® or Tension Releasing Exercises is a simple yet innovative series of exercises that assist the body in releasing deep muscular patterns of stress, tension and trauma. Created by Dr. David Berceli, PhD, TRE® safely activates a natural reflex mechanism of shaking or vibrating that releases muscular tension, calming down the nervous system. When this muscular shaking/vibrating mechanism is activated in a safe and controlled environment, the body is encouraged to return back to a state of balance. Watch Dr. Berceli’s introduction video below:
Reported Benefits Include:
- Less Worry & Anxiety
- Reduced Symptoms of PTSD
- More Energy & Endurance
- Improved Marital Relationships
- Less Workplace Stress
- Better Sleep
- Less Relationship Conflict
- Reduced Muscle & Back Pain
- Increased Flexibility
- Greater Emotional Resiliency
- Decreased Symptoms of Vicarious Trauma
- Healing of Old Injuries
- Lessened Anxiety surrounding Serious Illness
- Relief from Chronic Medical Conditions
What Makes TRE® Unique?
- The therapeutic muscle tremors evoked by the TRE exercise process is a natural, internal, neuro-physiological response of the body to reduce its own stress and restore a sense of well-being.
- TRE® is a body based (somatic) process which, when done properly, through a Certified TRE Provider can allow the individual to discharge tension from the body, which often does not require “revisiting the story”. (i.e.: verbally describing or talking about the traumatic experience).
- TRE® is designed to be a self-help tool that once learned, can be used as needed, throughout one’s life, thereby continuously supporting and promoting personal health and wholeness.
- TRE® can be taught as either a simple self-help, tension reduction technique in a physical exercise program OR it can be used as an effective complementary practice when integrated with other treatment modalities by those in the healing professions, including the treatment of PTSD and anxiety disorder recovery.
- TRE® can be taught in very large groups for communities that have experienced mass trauma.
- TRE® promotes cohesiveness and openness between participants and can be a helpful tool for dispute resolution. (i.e.: interpersonal, corporate and political communication)
- TRE® can cross cultural and language barriers because it is based on natural physiological responses shared by all human beings.
- TRE® is a safe and effective stress release technique for most people.
- The TRE® process should not be used as a substitute for trauma recovery procedures of a medical or psychological nature. Individuals who have physical or psychological/psychiatric conditions that require strict regulation, individuals with fragile psychological defenses, a complex history of trauma or restricting physical or medical limitations should consult their medical practitioner prior to performing these exercises.